Swing Clear Offset Door Hinges:
Narrow doorways can be a real handicap for someone using a wheelchair or walker. Residential building codes, architects and home builders haven't considered the needs of people using a wheelchair or walker. Doors can be widened but it can be an inconvenience and costly. An alternative solution might be replacing your existing 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" hinges with the expandable offset door hinge. These special hinges are designed to swing the door clear of the opening adding about 2" additional clearance for wheelchairs and walkers.
These swing clear offset door hinges will replace your existing 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" standard interior door hinge, quick and easy to install and uses the existing holes and screws. The hinge measures 2" x 3-1/2" (2" wide to wrap the trim, see top view) with a decorative, long lasting bright brass, or black finish (the black hinges are very similar to oil rubbed bronze in color but do not have the gold accent) .
Note: Count your door hinges before ordering. Although most interior doors use 2 hinges, some doors require 3 hinges.
See the top view. The hinges wrap around your door trim. You need at least 3" between the inside of the door jam and adjoining wall for the hinges to fit.
|Order Online - Swing Clear Offset Door Hinges|
|Model:||Retail Price:||Discount Price:|
|1 PAIR- Brass Finish - For 2 hinge doors:
(2 swing clear hinges). (more than 100 in stock)
|1-1/2 PAIR- Brass Finish - For 3 hinge doors:
(3 swing clear hinges). (more than 100 in stock)
|1 PAIR- Black Finish - For 2 hinge doors:
(2 swing clear hinges). (only 2 pair left in stock)
The benefits of the swing clear offset hinge:
- Provides barrier-free access by adding 2" additional clearance to most doors.
- Ideal for narrow residential doors.
- Easily installed, uses same screws and holes.
- 3 holes hinge measures 2" x 3-1/2". Replaces the standard 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" hinge.
- Decorative long lasting bright brass, satin nickel or black finish (similar to oil rubbed bronze).
- The ADA requires a minimum clear opening of 32". These hinges can make a standard 32" door ADA compliant in about 30 minutes!
Note: The offset hinge can be used in both left and right hand doors simply by removing and reversing the hinge pins. The corners radius of the offset hinges may be sharper than your existing hinge and could require just a little trimming of the mortise with a utility knife and chisel.
- Remove existing hinges from the door jam and door. Save all screws.
- Attach the offset hinge to the door, counter sunk holes facing you. Use the same screws just removed in step 1 and screw into existing holes. Repeat this step to attach the second or third offset hinge.
- Attach the other side of the offset hinge to the door jam (counter sunk holes facing you). Use the same screws just removed in step 1 and screw into existing holes. Repeat this step to attach the second or third offset hinge.
Tips: It can be easier to install the offset hinges by pulling the hinge pins and then installing the separated hinge halves to the door and jam. Set the door in the opening and reinsert the hinge pins.
You can gain an additional 1" of clearance by removing the lower portion of the door stops from the jam.
Our Sales Policy and Procedures
Help! How can I order? What is our payment options? Do I pay sales tax? What is our guarantee? How are our products shipped and when can I expect delivery? What is our return policy? How can I get help? We have the answers to your questions. Click the link below, (opens a new window).
We're always ready to help you with any questions, contact us. We will find the solution to meet your specific needs. We provide every client top quality, low prices and fast, friendly, personable service, guaranteed!