Toolbox > Wood Ramps
Our wood handicap wheelchair ramp design:
Ramps may be required in order to create access to many areas. Here's how we build our wood ramps and handrails.
- The maximum slope of a wheelchair ramp should be 1" of rise for each 12" of run.
- The maximum rise for any run is 30". The maximum run 30'.
- The minimum inside clear width of a ramp should be 36".
- Landings must be provided at the top and bottom of each run.
- The landing should be at least as wide as the ramp, and a minimum of 60" in length.
- Handrails must be provided on both sides of the ramp, between 30" and 38" above the ramp surface.
- All wood should be treated.
- Use 3" galvanized deck screws.
- Wood ramp surfaces can be slippery when wet. We cover the surface with rolled roofing.